Friday 18 April 2014

Easter Series - Part 1: The kind cross

Easter is my favorite time of the year! If you know me well, then you will know that I love seeing all the daffodils and little lambs. But I also adore spending time marveling at the greatest rescue plan there ever was. 

God sent His son, King Jesus, to die on the cross (John 3:16). I am not a parent, but I can only imagine that watching your child suffer causes unimaginable pain. God gave his son. God gave his son to die the most brutal death there ever was. What kind of a father would do that?

A father who wants to know and love his children. This heartbreaking scene had to happen. For all had fallen short of God's glory (Roman's 3:23). For man to be in a right relationship with God there had to be sacrifice. The bitter nails were driven through the hands and feet of the innocent, whilst I, the guilty, was set free. My King took my pain, that I could look to my God, and call him my Father.  Forgiven. 

The greatest love story ever told - God's love, deeper than the depths of the sea, greater than any eye has seen, or any ear heard. And he asks all to come to the cross, to come to know the pain that he went through, to call you and I his children. 

Please do get in contact with me if you want to know more, and do read the rest of this Easter series over the next few days!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment