Tuesday 3 June 2014

fear of the future

Many of you will know that I love being organised. I adore planning, lists and feel lost without my diary. Because of this, I am thrown off course by uncertainty and tend to worry about the unknown future. It isn't a characteristic that I am proud of.

I am nearing the end of my degree and at 22 years of age, am beginning to wonder what life really has ahead. Should I really be a nurse? Will I ever get married? Do I stay in London? These are all questions that have been pressing on my mind in the last few months. In some ways this is a really exciting stage, but my sinful tendency is to express this excitement in worry and stress. 

Maybe you worry like me. God says it is wrong to be worrying. God is far greater than the things we worry about, and in Matthew 6:25 the Bible warns us that life is more than our meager earthly worries and burdens.

A beautiful picture of the birds is described in this passage and of how all their needs are addressed by the Lord God himself. It challenged me and caused me to ask the question 'what is stopping me giving these worries to God?'. 

I want to be in control. I want to organise my own life, and my own selfish desires have stolen the glory that is God's, and my joy in His marvelous plans. 

Over the next few weeks I am going to be praying that God changes this attitude, and that He will help me to fully trust in His plans for me. 

If you would like to know more about this wonderful God then please do get in contact with me. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna! I find your blog really inspiring so thanks for sharing! I was wondering if I could email you? I really want to get more in touch with God but I've always struggled with it a lot so Ii need some help! Ines x

    ReplyDelete